My dad is a liar!!
1. What is a lie?
2. What is the biggest lie you've ever told?
3. What is a white lie?
4. Is a white lie good or bad? why?
5. Have you ever told a white lie? what was it and who did you tell it too?
6. Have you ever been lied to? How did you know the other person was lying?
7. Now lets watch this short clip. Why does the little girl think her dad is a liar?
8. Now let's do some reading practice. here is the transcription of the short clip.
Daddy is the sweetest daddy in the world,
Daddy is the most handsome,
The most clever,
He is my superman,
Daddy wants me to do well at school,
Daddy is just great, but....
He lies about having a job,
He lies about having money,
He lies that he's not tired,
He lies that he's not hungry,
He lies that we have everything,
He lies about his happiness,
He lies because of me.
9. The conversation continues.
10. Do you have a good relationship with your dad?
11. What words would you use to describe your dad?
12. Has your dad ever lied to you?
13. Have you ever lied to your dad? what did you lie about?
14. What is the earliest memory you have of your dad?
15. What is a step dad?
16. Do you know anyone who has a step dad? do they have a good relationship?
17. Now lets watch the clip one more time for extra listening practice.
18. Closing convesational question's if there's time.
19. What is the best memory you have of your dad?
20. What is the best thing you have ever done for your dad?
21. What do you think these quotes mean?
“What I really want to tell him is to pick up that baby of his and hold her tight, to set the moon on the edge of her crib and to hang her name up in the stars.”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
“There is nothing that moves a loving father's soul quite like his child's cry.”
― Joni Eareckson Tada
“The monsters are gone."
"I killed the monsters. That's what fathers do.”
― Fiona Wallace