The A to Z of music
The conversation begins.
1. What kind of music do you like?
2. Who are your favourite singers?
3. Who are your favourite bands?
4. What types of music don't you like?
5. Where do you like listening to music? In the car, at home, etc
6. Students write down A to Z. How many kinds of music can you name using each letter of the alphabet? For example R = Rock, D = Dance, C = Classical etc
7. Let's watch this short clip. Write down the answers for the other types of music you didn't know.
The conversation continues.
8. Do you like going to live concerts and music festivals? What was the best concert you have ever been to?
9. Can you play any musical instruments?
10. How many musical instruments can you name?
11. Lets watch another clip of comedy genius Jerry Lewis playing many musical instrument's. Can you name which instrument's he plays?
Closing convesational question's if there's time.
12. What is the best song you have heard recently? Who sings it?
13. What do you think music will be like fifty years in the future?
14. What was the first single/album you ever bought?
15. What is the biggest selling album of all time?
16. Final music challenge. Lets watch another short clip teaching you even more different musical styles from the same talented guys.
17. What do you think these quotes mean?
Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."